On July 2, 1776, the founding Father’s of America, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, decided on the final wording of the Declaration of Independence, hence becoming a new nation and defying Britain and separating from them. It was July 4, 1776, when Thomas Jefferson finished the final editing. The Declaration of Independence was then sent to the printers for copies to be sent out for the colonies.
This July 4th marks 245 years since America’s birth! When we think of the 4th of July we think of: Barbecues, Parades, Fireworks, Flag Waving, Concerts, Baseball, Laughter, and all around Fun! We at Epic Tactical would like to wish everybody a Safe and Happy 4th of July! Also, we would like to take a minute to remind folks of some “do’s and don’ts” when celebrating the 4th so you don’t become “that guy/girl” at your local events.
- If you partake in any alcoholic festivities, please do not drink and drive. Before you go out, have a DD, phone a friend, or call a Cab/Uber before you get behind that wheel. ***Usual rule of thumb is one 12oz can of beer (non-craft beers) equals about 1 hour of wait time to sober up, but that rule differs with body structure and tolerance.***
- If you live in a neighborhood and decide to light off some fireworks, please be mindful of the little ones, outside and inside animals, and any combat veterans that may live around you. The fireworks could trigger some sort of PTSD in the combat vets, so please be mindful and respectful. Also, be careful when lighting those fireworks!
- Don’t light that gas grill with the lid down, make sure it’s open so it doesn’t back-draft
- Stay hydrated if participating in any outdoor activities due to the heat and humidity. A trip to the hospital for dehydration is not on everyone’s list. Also, don’t forget to hydrate the pups if you take them out as well.
- Use sunscreen when swimming and enjoying the outdoor activities as well. Sunburn can range from simple redness to blisters.
- Wear a hat to keep your head protected from sunshine when outdoors.
- Make sure to have that fire extinguisher ready if your using the outdoor grill or fryer.
- Don’t forget the insect repellent when outdoors as well. Mosquito’s and other bug bites are real!
- If you decide to do some shooting, remember all the safety rules involved with firearms and remember, alcohol and firearms do not mix!
- Have fun, be respectful and courteous and things will go smoothly!
We would also like to extend product savings from websites and stores! Here is a list of some of our favorite companies offering deals for your enjoyment this 4th!
If you know any more, add them in the comments below! I know I love discounts, so why not share them?!
As always, ya’ll be good and be safe!